“Shrimp and pineapples are marinated in a sweet and spicy sauce, then skewered and grilled. Serve over white rice, noodles, or a mixed green salad.”
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons white sugar
• 1 pineapple, cored and cut into chunks
• 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Whisk together the honey, olive oil, basil, strawberry jam, red pepper flakes, garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and white sugar in a small bowl. Place the pineapple chunks and shrimp into a large resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the shrimp and pineapple, seal the bag, and shake to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
3. Thread the shrimp and pineapple alternately on 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Discard the remaining marinade.
4. Cook the skewers on the preheated grill until the shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes per side.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr
4 Servings – 8 Skewers