Black Bottom Cupcakes
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper cups or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, egg and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir together until well blended.
- Fill muffin tins 1/3 full with the batter and top with a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.