Quick and Easy Coconut Curry
This is an inflammation-fighting, 30-minute curry that is loaded with veggies in a coconut milk broth. Serve over rice or quinoa for all around goodness.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
• 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
• 1 small onion, diced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
• 1/2 cup broccoli florets, diced
• 1/2 cup carrots, diced
• 1/4 cup tomato, diced
• 1/3 cup snow peas, loosely cut
• 1 Tbsp turmeric (sub. curry powder)
• 1 pinch cayenne
• 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk
• 1 cup veggie broth
• Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
• Fresh lemon juice
• Cilantro, mint, and/or basil
• Red pepper flake
- Start with preparing the rice, quinoa, millet, or whichever base you chose.
- Heat a large saucepan to medium heat and add oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir frequently until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric/curry powder, cayenne, coconut milk, veggie broth, and another pinch of salt and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they do not overcook.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh lemon juice and herbs. Enjoy!