By Addison Dunn
In a strange way, 2020 has felt like the longest and shortest year in recorded history. Perhaps that is due to being plummeted into a time warp, not knowing up from down. Everyone has suffered some amount–and I hope most are recovering to the fullest. Looking back, this year has still provided me with many laughs, beautiful weather, and a strong community that has remained positive amidst the chaos. Even though there have been major downsides, there have also been major upsides. What better way to dust our hands of 2020 than to celebrate with the ones we love? Christmas has always had some holiday stress attached to it, but this year I have hit my limit–I have had enough. No. More. Stress. So, therefore, I have gathered some Christmas gift ideas that will help you and your family relax into the New Year.
- Lavender Eye Pillow
- Ultrasonic Oil Diffuser
- Noise-Canceling Headphones
- Therapy Dough (it’s like good smelling Play-Doh… for adults!)
- Weighted Blanket
- Silk Eye Mask
- Stimulating Therapy Massager (it promotes hair growth on the scalp)
- Hair Scalp Massager (for a relaxing shower, it helps dry scalps)
- Aromatherapy Shower Tablets
- Lavender and Aloe Vera Relax Bath Soak
- Cooling Facial Mask
- Massage Gun
- Aromatherapy Mist
- Microwavable Neck Pillow
- Coloring Books For Adults (sounds silly–they’re fun)
- Overnight Foot Care Kit
- Chakra Bath Salts Set
- Muscle Rub
- Emu Australia Mayberry Slippers (or the softest, fluffiest slippers you can find)
There is always the gift certificate idea (to your nearby massage therapist, yoga studio, wine club, etc).
All the things mentioned above can be found online through many major retailers. Before you add it to your cart, take a nice holiday walk downtown. You are likely to find several of these items from our Kernersville businesses. Our mom and pop shops have definitely taken a hard hit this year, so let’s keep our local businesses thriving the best we can. Stay calm and shop on. Merry Christmas to all!