1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely minced (optional)
Taco shells – crunchy or soft
Taco toppings of choice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef (or turkey), onion, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often and breaking the meat into small pieces, until the meat is brown and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain any excess grease, if needed.
- Return meat to the skillet and heat, stirring in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds until the mixture smells fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce and minced jalapeños. Simmer the mixture for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in taco shells with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!