The Role of the Kernersville Chamber of Commerce
By Ashley Sinclair
Chambers of Commerce are non-profit organizations that promote economic growth and development by supporting and advocating for local businesses. We will explore what the Kernersville Chamber of Commerce does and why it is important.
What is a Chamber of Commerce?
A Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization that represents the interest of businesses in a specific area. The Kernersville Chamber specifically works toward promoting the economic progress of our community. It is usually run by a board of directors who are chosen by the staff. Chambers can be found in most cities, towns and regions all over the world and we happen to reside right here in Downtown Kernersville.
What do Chambers of Commerce do?
Chambers of Commerce work to promote and support the interest of businesses in the local community. The Kernersville Chamber provides 200 or more events a year to our members, including, but not limited to:
- Networking Opportunities: Kernersville Chamber hosts regular events and meetings where members can meet and network with other business owners, entrepreneurs, and professionals. We allow nonmembers to attend 2 events before becoming a member.
- Advocacy Opportunities: Kernersville Chamber advocates on behalf of their members on issues related to business and economic development.
- Education and Training: Kernersville Chamber offers a variety of educational and training events to help member’s stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices.
- Marketing and Promotion: Kernersville Chamber promotes their members’ businesses through various channels including social media, websites and print publications, such as the Kernersville Magazine.
- Business Support: Kernersville Chamber provides support to their members in a variety of ways, including offering resources for starting and growing.
Why are Chambers of Commerce important?
Chambers of Commerce are important for several reasons. First, we provide a voice for the business community in their local area. Second, we provide valuable resources and services to our members. As mentioned previously networking opportunities, education and training events, and other resources which can help businesses succeed and grow. Finally, we help promote the economic development in Kernersville. We work to attract new businesses to the area, promote tourism, and create a positive business climate that can benefit everyone.
To close, the Kernersville Chamber plays a vital role in fostering economic development, attracting new businesses and investment, and enhancing the overall quality of life in the community. We provide a range of services and resources to our members and help create a more supportive and business-friendly environment. If you have a business and would like to learn how to become a member of the Kernersville Chamber or if you are a resident wanting to learn more about what Kernersville has to offer you, please contact us at 336-993-4521.